Re: Prefered Database

From: Gerald (gcaldwel_at_pobox.com)
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:20:39 -0400

Chris Smith wrote:
> Gerald wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a databases that I can include with my applications
>>that doesn't required the user to devote time to maintaining the
>>database other then a simple pack to reclaim space do to deleted rows.
>

> For use by a single application, you may want to consider hsql. It's
> *definitely* easy to install and maintain, and it can be run in-process
> if you like.

Thanks everyone for recommending this tool. It was exactly what I was
looking for.

small and compact.
No excessive libraries and dlls needed, just the jar file.
I can even embed the hsqldb.jar in my into my apps jar file and that's
all that needed for distribution, no seperate files to maintain

Perfect.

Thanks again
Gerald