Re: Prefered Database

From: Gerald (gcaldwel_at_pobox.com)
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:20:39 -0400

Chris Smith wrote:
> Gerald wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a databases that I can include with my applications
>>that doesn't required the user to devote time to maintaining the
>>database other then a simple pack to reclaim space do to deleted rows.
>

> For use by a single application, you may want to consider hsql. It's
> *definitely* easy to install and maintain, and it can be run in-process
> if you like.

Thanks everyone for recommending this tool. It was exactly what I was
looking for.

small and compact.
No excessive libraries and dlls needed, just the jar file.
I can even embed the hsqldb.jar in my into my apps jar file and that's
all that needed for distribution, no seperate files to maintain

Perfect.

Thanks again
Gerald

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Prefered Database
    ... Gerald wrote: ... > I'm looking for a databases that I can include with my applications ... > that doesn't required the user to devote time to maintaining the ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: Business objects, subset of collection
    ... Non-CRUD/USER applications are not the sort of thing one tucks into eMails.] ... SQL databases sucks for searching large data sets, ... In CRUD/USER processing that is largely irrelevant because data is accessed once by each solution and seek time dominates the access performance issues in those situations. ... Lets say you want to find all unpaid invoices. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Merging 2 "almost" identical databases.
    ... identical databases used by 2 almost identical applications into one ... client so they can easily merge the two databases. ... Debugging, testing, complex, report/logging not so fancy/clear, ... application only or also to the schemas? ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Merging 2 "almost" identical databases.
    ... identical databases used by 2 almost identical applications into one ... client so they can easily merge the two databases. ... Debugging, testing, complex, report/logging not so fancy/clear, ... application only or also to the schemas? ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Business objects, subset of collection
    ... might get faster applications than you would if you had used a SQL ... That is why databases using caching. ... there mainstream SQL databases wouldn't perform ... Lets say you want to find all unpaid invoices. ...
    (comp.object)