Re: "MySql 5" or "SQL Server 2005 Express"?

Marc SIRAMY wrote:
D. wrote:
Hi everyone,
do you have any experience using "MySql 5" (with MySql jdbc connector) or "SQL Server 2005 Express" (with jtds connector http://jtds.sf.net) as database-engine in a java web application?

I have to choose one of them for a commercial web application that is database-indipendent but I've not idea what is the best (consider that the application server and database server are the same Ms Windows machine).

Thanks in advance,
D.

What is the best, or what do you need ? That's the first question.
Then, which is the database that correponds to your needs ?

Google, as I know, run on MySql (
http://www.mysql.com/customers/customer.php?id=75 ).
MySQL probably sastify most of databases uses.

If your needs are not compatible with MySQL use,
maybe fyracle/firebird is a good choice (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyracle , http://www.fyracle.org/shownews.php )

Also consider PostgreSQL http:www.postgresql.org

Christos

  • Re: [kde] Has the KDE Social/Semantic Desktop been worth the hassle to anyone?
    ... commercial stuff couldn't do without databases, but just to take mysql ... as an example since that was the first and probably most common akonadi ... backend, it's known for database version upgrades that need extra steps ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: MySQL Database problem (probably already solved in a message, but this is somewhat urgent)
    ... MySQL server has a database with a table, ... columns, an FSR column, and a password column. ... checked if the supposed arrays that were returned were actually arrays ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: FreeBSD 5.3 MySQL Performance
    ... versions of Linux and FreeBSD for most tests. ... > popular with the ATA disk drive manufacturers. ... > Many companies have used FreeBSD and MySQL for years and years. ... it is not often that you have such a small database and such a large ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • ANN: Database Designer for MySQL version 1.6 is released
    ... The new version 1.6 of MicroOLAP Database Designer for MySQL has been ... The secure shell (SSH) tunneling is now implemented in Database ...
  • Re: toolkits or APIs to create a web interface as a frontend to mysql
    ... I am also *not* looking for a web based full fledged mysql client. ... For simple display of tabulated data the most useful thing is a displaywhich uses 's with absolute coordinates to position text in a box of defined width, formatted to be left, right or center justified, an using a preselected style from a a style sheet. ... As far as the actual database calls go, those are specific to each form, and apart from a little coding so that 'database_open, database_close' exist in the library, taking such things as the database name, user name and password from an included file I find it easiest to simply do the query and iterate through it to display the data requested. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)