Re: Cannot connect to one Oracle DB using JDBC

davis@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The message I am getting looks like this

Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Connecting to jdbc:oracle:thin:@db5.netaspx.com:1521:c0ujP0...

With Thin driver you connect directly to Oracle's
SQL listener. In this case tnsnames.ora is useless.
The connection string has to be ended with System
Identifier of your Oracle instance - not with service
name or service id. The Oracle SID is the unique name
of instance/database of your Oracle installation.

Alfred

  • Re: Does 2.0 still require ODP.NET to connect to Oracle?
    ... installation>> asks for all kinds of things in order to install. ... the oracle CLI installed, ... need that installed for the MS oracle provider. ... specify in the connection string. ...
  • Re: Oracle Update Stored Procedure - cannot ROLLBACK in a distribu
    ... We are using Oracle 8.1.7.3. ... I have installed Framework v1.1 SP1 ... I have added enlist=false to the connection string ...
  • Re: Does 2.0 still require ODP.NET to connect to Oracle?
    ... I see that with framework 1.1 you had to download ODP.NET from ... oracle CLI installed, ... host names even matter when I'm going to be using a connection string ... client installation files, and don't need ODP.NET. ...
  • Re: ADO Recordset
    ... use ODBC, and remember to put ODBC; in front of whatever they suggest. ... query, I'm now getting a "function sequence error". ... There has got to be something wrong with the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle ... However, if what you've got as the connection string is working for you, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: linked tables in Access database
    ... around a bit to get the exact ODBC connection string for Oracle, ... >> Got an Access database that has some ODBC links to Oracle tables. ... > I'm not sure of the actual connection string, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)