Validations

From: TJ (tgillette1_at_cox.net)
Date: 11/18/03

    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:30:11 -0800

    Hi all,

    I've completed the first part of an e-commerce web page and need help on
    data validation of certain fields within the form. And of course I've
    noticed irregularities as to how Netscape and IE display items and handle
    data validations.

    If I were to write validation checks in JavaScript would the output display
    the same for both internet explorer and Netscape? If not how do I do this?
    Does running JavaScript require downloading a plug-in? My form must display
    and behave the same for both IE and Netscape.

    All I want to do is validate the correctness of data entered into an order
    form. What is the best way to do this and what scripting language etc. would
    be best for handling this? This must work and display the same for both
    Internet Explorer and Netscape. If there are any resources you know of that
    would help me to do these checks I would appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    TJ

    • Re: E-Commerce Web Development
      ... That question is suited for a Javascript newsgroup This is a java newsgroup. ... > data validation of certain fields within the form. ... > noticed irregularities as to how Netscape and IE display items and handle ...
      (comp.lang.java)
    • E-Commerce Web Development
      ... data validation of certain fields within the form. ... noticed irregularities as to how Netscape and IE display items and handle ... If I were to write validation checks in JavaScript would the output display ... the same for both internet explorer and Netscape? ...
      (comp.lang.java)
    • Re: Validations
      ... >I've completed the first part of an e-commerce web page and need help on ... >data validation of certain fields within the form. ... >noticed irregularities as to how Netscape and IE display items and handle ... >If I were to write validation checks in JavaScript would the output display ...
      (comp.lang.java.developer)
    • Re: Calculate if 2 times differ by 24 hours?
      ... formula to avoid anomalies that arise a result of computer ... I would suggest that you use Data Validation. ... Click on the Error Alert tab, select Show and fill in Style, Title ... Or you could use VBA to display a Msgbox per se. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Re: Data validation lists
      ... use data validation for pull down menus....but I want to put addresses of ... For example I want to display ... The best delimiter to use would be CHARwhich is a carriage ... separate lines. ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)