Validations

From: TJ (tgillette1_at_cox.net)
Date: 11/18/03

    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:30:11 -0800

    Hi all,

    I've completed the first part of an e-commerce web page and need help on
    data validation of certain fields within the form. And of course I've
    noticed irregularities as to how Netscape and IE display items and handle
    data validations.

    If I were to write validation checks in JavaScript would the output display
    the same for both internet explorer and Netscape? If not how do I do this?
    Does running JavaScript require downloading a plug-in? My form must display
    and behave the same for both IE and Netscape.

    All I want to do is validate the correctness of data entered into an order
    form. What is the best way to do this and what scripting language etc. would
    be best for handling this? This must work and display the same for both
    Internet Explorer and Netscape. If there are any resources you know of that
    would help me to do these checks I would appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    TJ