Re: Do you still choose java????

From: jenniferyiu (jenniferyiu888_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/24/03

Date: 24 Nov 2003 03:59:26 -0800

>We choose java two years before to develop platform
independent programs... But now we have to be platform dependent.

If that's platform independent, you don't have to care and worry about
platform dependent issues.

as simple as that.

eeyimaya@hotmail.com (eeyimaya) wrote in message news:<41e89d23.0310282241.5baa21e4@posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I am a java programmer from Turkey.
> We will develop a program and since we have
> to use some interactive flash movies in the program
> we have to use QTJava from apple.Unfortunately,
> there is no version of QuickTime for linux. So, our
> program will run on Windows and Mac only....
>
> We choose java two years before to develop platform
> independent programs... But now we have to be platform dependent.
> Our customers use %100 percents windows for this program....And
> some programmers think that we should use C# for this new program...
> I am in doubt!!!
>
> Do you still choose java even if your target platform is Windows???
> OR you choose C#???
>
> eeyimaya

Relevant Pages

  • Re: temporary files
    ... Temp files are generally put in a location where files are expected to be wiped periodically. ... This location is platform dependent, but AFAIK, all platforms with suitable file systems support this. ... Also, Java provides a way to mark files "deleteOnExit", which is generally the first thing I do after I use File.createTempFile. ...
    (comp.lang.java.advocacy)
  • Re: Do you still choose java????
    ... But now we have to be platform dependent. ... > I am a java programmer from Turkey. ... > Do you still choose java even if your target platform is Windows??? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Do you still choose java????
    ... But now we have to be platform dependent. ... > I am a java programmer from Turkey. ... > Do you still choose java even if your target platform is Windows??? ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: Do you still choose java????
    ... > I am a java programmer from Turkey. ... > to use some interactive flash movies in the program ... But now we have to be platform dependent. ... > Do you still choose java even if your target platform is Windows??? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Moving Java Applet from Sun Environment to Windows..
    ... Oracle DB that must be moved to a Windows environment. ... nothing about Java, other then hearing it's not platform dependent, ... Are you saying that only crappy programmers write ... Or did you read "not platform dependent" ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)