Reusing JFileChooser instances

From: Mike Conmackie (mconmackie_at_cogeco.ca)
Date: 12/28/03

Date: 27 Dec 2003 17:19:50 -0800

I am trying to serially reuse a single instance of JfileChooser but
the second and subsequent uses of the instance continue returning the
selected item from the first use (via getSelectedFile() ). I have
tried using setSelectedFile(null) to no avail. Can anyone tell me how
to reset the selection state? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Reusing JFileChooser instances
    ... > I am trying to serially reuse a single instance of JfileChooser but ... > the second and subsequent uses of the instance continue returning the ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • How to remove JFileChooser selections?
    ... I have one instance of a JFileChooser. ... JFileChooser then cancel the operation, the same file is shown as ... despite having reset the selected filebefore the second display. ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: OT: Music - Funk
    ... and subsequent pages shows a selection of the releases. ... - 2001 are worth having. ... Admits to working for London Underground! ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • GREYING OUT FILES in JFileChooser
    ... We would like to be able to enchance the functionality of JFileChooser ... This makes the selection of a DIRECTORY and informed decision, ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: gawk coprocesses
    ... subsequent one initiate a single instance of "perl -ne '...'" or ... lines in my environment (GNU Awk 3.1.7, perl v5.8.0)... ...
    (comp.lang.awk)