question of the window class in jdk1.4.2 API

From: Ŵ (gunny_at_miso.com)
Date: 05/15/04

    Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 03:02:41 +0900

    i am not used to java programming
    but have the license SCJP

    today i try to edit a GUI program to run simple window
    i have knew that the simple window needs a Frame Class (included java.awt.*)
    but i think a more slim class Window to inherit (included java.awt.*)

    first question is that we could use the Window class to replace the Frame
    class
    for showing simple window

    second question is how the constructor could be exist like "Window(Frame
    owner)"
    the Frame class inherits from Window.
    so, the Frame class didn't existed when the Window class was made

    please! explain to me if you know that.

    • Re: question of the window class in jdk1.4.2 API
      ... > owner)" ... > the Frame class inherits from Window. ... after sun people wrote class Frame they added constructor Window(Frame ...
      (comp.lang.java.gui)
    • Catching window restore
      ... Is there a way to catch when a window is restored when it is ... clicked in taskbar? ... my main frame class, but it wasn't hit. ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • Re: Catching window restore
      ... if you need to distinguish the cases when window was restored ... from its minimized state you will need to ... my main frame class, but it wasn't hit. ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • Re: Outlook 2003
      ... For your first question -- I don't know of any way to have a mail folder and ... a calendar folder appear in the same window, in any version of Outlook, ... without either opening one of the folders in a new window and tiling the ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
    • Re: bottom toolbar no longer accesable in vista
      ... On my desk window my lower toolbar is no longer accesable. ... Also the quick launch icons the minimized windows ... The First Question Of Troubleshooting: If the problem is new, ...