Java Tabbed Pane problem

From: dav (dav_at_dav.com)
Date: 05/29/04

Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 15:47:42 GMT

Okay I've spent the last 3hrs trying to figure out why my tabbed panes are
acting strangely, but have had no luck. So hope someone here can help me
out.

Basically i have a class that produces my window,meubar, etc.. this class
also holds the 3 tabbed panes. Each one of these panes holds one of my own
defined classes and each of these classes extends JPanel.

Ok now the problem in two of these classes there are a few drop down lists
(Choice) and for some reason when you first start up the application no
matter which tab you select to display 1st you can see all the drop down
menus. Now if you select a different tab everything is fine, you can only
see the drop down lists for that tab as it should be.
So it only happens when the program is first started.

Can anyone help me out a bit here?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Dav