Re: ridiculous - javax.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit.Parser needs X11 server to work

From: Jon Caldwell (code_poetry_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/14/05

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:43:13 -0700

Nebojsa Topolscak wrote:
> Thank you, this works !
>
> best,
> Nebojsa
>

>>Try passing "-Djava.awt.headless=true" into the java command.

I didn't explain this too well. In case you are curious, Java tries to
access X's font server unless the JVM is in headless mode, in which case
this, and graphics functions are implemented in pure Java, instead of
OS-dependencies.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ridiculous - javax.swing.text.html.HTMLEditorKit.Parser needs X11 server to work
    ... Nebojsa Topolscak wrote: ... Java tries to ... this, and graphics functions are implemented in pure Java, instead of ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: So, what is it about OpenSSL and sci.crypt?
    ... The Java virtual machines provided by ... Sun and IBM since 2000 use a pure Java implementation of BigInteger, ... At some point Sun went to a pure Java BigInteger which uses arrays of ints internally, and converts them to or from the arrays of bytes specified in BigInteger's methods. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Searching a disk-backed Map
    ... What is the most common (pure Java) ... The data structures and algorithms that Java uses for in-memory maps are not very suitable for disk-based maps. ... Yes, this is a subset of what you can do with a relational data store, but it's quite possible that an implementation which does keyed storage and nothing else will do it faster and more efficiently. ... And its zillions of successors (which include java wrappers and pure java implementations - although i don't know if any have a Map interface). ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Recommendations for a free Prolog interpreter in Java
    ... JIProlog is PURE Java 100% and it is maintained continuosly. ... It is as "PURE" as it can work on Java Enabled PDA and Mobile Phones, ... > I'm working on a project which uses Prolog and would like it to be ...
    (comp.lang.prolog)
  • Re: Begginner to java
    ... A pure Java programmer has no interaction with the ... "I learned C/C++ before learning Java. ... understanding how the language is interacting with the underlying OS." ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)