Re: Switched from Netbeans 3.6 to 4.0 and form design is blank

From: James Kimble (jkimble_at_one.net)
Date: 01/30/05

Date: 30 Jan 2005 08:20:36 -0800

I've had a terrible time with it. I'm running it on Suse 9.2 and
it crashes 3 times out of 5. I don't think I'm going to be able
to use it. It's also not as intuitive as the previous version.
They keep changing the file/project paradigm and it's just stupid.

The stability is the worst though. It's a memory hog (and has a
leak, don't leave it running on Windows overnight!) and it's so
slow it's like working in the 70's again.

I'd go to Eclipse at this point but it's forms management stuff
doesn't seem to easily allow you to take a large existing project
from NB and import it. If there were a way I'd be with Eclipse
in a heartbeat.

Wiseguy wrote:

> netbeans versions greater than 3.6 suck! At least 4.0 was garbage so
> went back to 3.6 until I can get to a fast inet connection to
download
> eclipse.

Relevant Pages

  • Newbie trying to connect SuSE 10 via wireless card and router
    ... I am an absolute SuSE newbie slowly learning the "non-Microsoft" world. ... I have had some success with SuSE, but am having a terrible time ... getting my laptop to connect to the secure wireless network in my home. ... laptop and another desktop set up in the house. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Newbie trying to connect SuSE 10 via wireless card and router
    ... I am an absolute SuSE newbie slowly learning the "non-Microsoft" world. ... I have had some success with SuSE, but am having a terrible time ... Since Dell doesn't write any drivers for Linux ... ndiswrapper program with the XP drivers. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)