Re: Switched from Netbeans 3.6 to 4.0 and form design is blank

From: James Kimble (jkimble_at_one.net)
Date: 01/30/05

Date: 30 Jan 2005 08:20:36 -0800

I've had a terrible time with it. I'm running it on Suse 9.2 and
it crashes 3 times out of 5. I don't think I'm going to be able
to use it. It's also not as intuitive as the previous version.
They keep changing the file/project paradigm and it's just stupid.

The stability is the worst though. It's a memory hog (and has a
leak, don't leave it running on Windows overnight!) and it's so
slow it's like working in the 70's again.

I'd go to Eclipse at this point but it's forms management stuff
doesn't seem to easily allow you to take a large existing project
from NB and import it. If there were a way I'd be with Eclipse
in a heartbeat.