Bug in JEditorPane

I think I have discovered a bug in JEditorPane in Java for Windows
1.6.0_23 32-bit.

Take any JApplet.

Add this code to the start of the init method.

out.println( "initing...");
try
{
new JEditorPane( "text/html", "dummy" );
}
catch ( Exception e )
{
e.printStackTrace( err );
}

Then run the applet in a browser, not appleviewer or standalone.

Then move away from that page, and come back. This will run init
again.

The first time through init there is no exception. The second time
there is.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

  • Re: Ordering
    ... > Im writeing a threaded program but am a little confused in which ... at it the first time. ... Runnable object or of the Thread itself. ... If your Runnable has an init() method, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Thoughts on new vs traditional idioms
    ... > This is the first time I've seen the init as update idiom ... Objects cumulating data over subsequent ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: webform validation: how to rediricet to the same page??
    ... <?php echo $errMessgage;?> ... The first time the page loads the init page variable values are ... You place the posted variables into the init page variables. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • ISMTPStoreDriver is no longer called after restart
    ... The first time it starts up, Init is called and everything ... However when are start the vserver ... exception of the IPersistPropertyBag::Load and InitNew methods. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)