more math parser questions

From: Jochen Opp (jo2_at_kent.ac.uk)
Date: 10/13/03

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:33:16 +0100

hi,

first of all thanks a lot for all the answers to my previous questions.

ok, so i have to write a parser, preferrably first using an infix to postfix
converter and then evaluating the expression in postfix notation. i dont
really know though how to evaluate the expression in postfix notation, to me
its still just a string "2 3 + 3 4*-"! i have looked at a book about parsers
and it talks about "grammar", "assemblers","assemblies" and other quite
complex issues. do i really have to get into all these issues in order to
build my parser, or is there an easier way?

thanks again
best regards
jochen