Unique "logical" identifier for an object?

From: Stuart Leonard (suncds_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 04/19/04

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:45:46 GMT

I have a collection of "Invoice" objects within a vector. I need to provide
a "logical key" to each "Invoice" object, which consists of a vendor number
and an invoice number, which are both Strings. I need place a logical key
within each "Invoice" object, so that I can retreive the objects later in
the program by this "key".
This seems like a classic problem. Can anyone provide any ideas of how to
accomplish this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unique "logical" identifier for an object?
    ... > and an invoice number, which are both Strings. ... I need place a logical key ... > This seems like a classic problem. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Unique "logical" identifier for an object?
    ... >and an invoice number, which are both Strings. ... I need place a logical key ... >This seems like a classic problem. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Unique "logical" identifier for an object?
    ... > and an invoice number, which are both Strings. ... I need place a logical key ... > This seems like a classic problem. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Multiple Records from Access Query
    ... invoice records using the mergefield method outlined in the tutorial. ... client concerned - too many or too few and everything will get out of synch. ... You can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this. ... records in Access for the same [Vendor], ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: How to find duplicate payments
    ... It is basically an unmatched query as the unmatched query wizard would create it. ... If I got that built correctly it should return duplicate records based on Vendor Number, Amount and the first 5 characters of InvoiceNumber being the same. ... If the report can give me identical invoice amounts within each vendor, I can use it to scan for invoice numbers that look similiar. ... I have found that sometimes the processing of payments is forced by changing the invoice number - like adding an additional digit to override the software's controls and thus making a duplicate payment to a vendor. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)