Re: Receive form in applet

From: Hal Rosser (hmrosser_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 06/12/04

    Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:45:33 -0400

    I saw something on the netscape site about javascript and java interacting
    I have not tried it - but made a mental note: - here's the link to the page

    http://devedge.netscape.com/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.5/guide/partlc.html#999869

    from the page:
     This chapter describes using LiveConnect technology to let Java and
    JavaScript code communicate with each other. The chapter assumes you are
    familiar with Java programming.
    This chapter contains the following sections:

      a..
      b.. Working with Wrappers

      c.. JavaScript to Java Communication

      d.. Java to JavaScript Communication

      e.. Data Type Conversions

    "Pedro Ramos" <pedro2ramos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got an applet (MyApplet) in a page and I am calling a method,
    > from Javascript passing it all of my form elements in a String :
    >
    > for (var i = 0; i < myform.elements.length; i++)
    > {
    > concString = concString + " " + form.elements[i].name+"="+
    > form.elements[i].value;
    > }
    > top.topwork.document.MyApplet.MACData(concString));
    >
    > The loop takes a bit of time in Javascript since I have about 300
    > fields.
    >
    > Is it possible to call the method with the form object, like
    > top.topwork.document.EEximbilsApplet.MACData(myform));
    >
    > What type of parameter should the method have and how can I inside the
    > applet (Java) can I concatenate all of the elements in myform ?
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > Pedro

    ---

    • Re: Attempt to de-mystify AJAX
      ... I jumped into Java Server Faces because you could supposedly use it without JSP, using straight java code for everything. ... And since it is still an approach to client event handling on the server, it is suggested to incorporate javascript where needed. ... Java doesn't run in the browser and interact with the DOM. ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: Java Applet pulled from VMS Web Server
      ... Java Applet JAR file are not "surfaced" by AJAX? ... 2a) Created a socket and connect back to the VMS server that is hosting the ... Are you really saying that Javascript is incapable of accessing any of the ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Java -> ActionScript?
      ... Performance in Groovy aufs Korn genommen... ... da ich JavaScript und Java kannte. ... gibt es eben eine MissingMethodException zur Laufzeit und gut ist. ...
      (de.comp.lang.java)
    • Re: 6502 version of version 3.01A of Turbo Pascal
      ... The Java bit would probably be less compatible ... Also, standard output is not really to the hard disc, ... of JavaScript and run in Windows Script Host. ... (since even e.g. UCSD pascals afaik supported range and overflow checks, ...
      (comp.lang.pascal.borland)
    • Re: Java Scripts in Internet Explorer
      ... JavaScript and Java, despite the similar names, are completely different things. ... Since the URL includes a domain name, perhaps the security settings of the browser is objecting to or blocking the new page being located on a different domain (a script on "http://www.yyy.com"; opening a new window for a page on "http://www.xxx.com";). ... Since the javascript:launchWindowcode appears to be opening a browser pop-up via a JavaScript function downloaded from the web site, I think a pop-up blocker is preventing your browser from opening a browser window associated with the site you are viewing. ...