Re: Why does this work? beginning question

From: ComieCreep (Mike97739_at_msn.com)
Date: 01/02/05

Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:16:43 -0800

> The finally clause will 'always' be executed,
>
> if (dis !=null)
> dis.close();
>
> which basically says if there is a stream it must be open, since
> instantiation opens the stream, so we close it.
>
> Also note the readLine method of DataInputStream is deprecated, see the
docs
> for the alternative.
>
> --
> Mike W
Thanks Mike for your help. I knew I was missing something. I also didn't
understand the compiler message about "deprecated methods" Now I do. I was
able to read the Docs and replaced the DataInputStream with a
BufferedReader. I think I made some progress today with your assistance.
mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: QRP test 9C
    ... Subject: QRP test 9C ... > Hi Mike, ... > Up and running on 9C at QRP 1 watt but finding that the video DAC that ... > Stream is coming in steady over the network though but when decoded ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: CPCC video stream
    ... I've been watching the stream off and on all day. ... feeling of socialization away from those of us who smoke. ... Mike Stanley ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Why does this work? beginning question
    ... value is null, if it is null the loop terminates. ... instantiation opens the stream, so we close it. ... Also note the readLine method of DataInputStream is deprecated, ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Using Serialports with Win Forms
    ... I'm not familiar with the SerialPort, I've used it but it's not as easy to ... > entire stream, parse it, and write out the values to a SQL database. ... > Thanks again Floyd ... > Mike -- mike.tallhamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
  • Re: Some kind of Jimmy Smith nonsense
    ... Here's how it works, Jerry. ... trying to change boats in the middle of the stream by ... idea that Mike may have "inferred" something makes you putting words ...
    (rec.skydiving)