BouncyCastle Provider

From: Ray Kane (raysnews_at_web.de)
Date: 01/10/05

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:10:35 +0100

Hello

I try to understand the BouncyCastle-Provider (1.25) to use
PGP-Encryption. The provided example "SignedFileProcessor" makes
trouble. if I try to sign a file I get an Exception every time:
"org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: Exception constructing key". The
provided password is correct, i checked that. Can it be, that BC cannot
read my Secret-Keyring ? I use PGP 6.5.8 and I also created the keys
with it. But the Keyring does contain several private keys (RSA & DSS).

So there comes an additional question into play: The examples uses only
the BC-classes, but shouldn't it lso be possible to use
encrption/signing etc. via the JCE-API ? But how do I tell JCE to use
PGP-Encryption ? I suggest, that I have to provide the right algorithm
parameter on creating an, for example, KePairGenerator, But which one do
I have to use for PGP (especially for all these different verions of it) ?

Thank you for every hint.

Ray

Relevant Pages

  • BSoD references missing file?
    ... OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation ... I tried backing up the registry and removing these keys, ... Here's a kernel dump from the most recent crash: ... The exception code that was not handled ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: datetime exception 0xC0000008 JRE 1.4 windows
    ... > sais 2am. ... because both keys had 3am. ... > This exception goes up through the JAVA and kills the program - but only ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: What is wrong with the following code?
    ... I'm assuming the exception is after the Fill right? ... of those columns has some dup values or that the key can't be made for some ... They are the keys values in the database. ... > SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection("workstation id=THENAME;packet ...
  • Re: [PHP] Database abstraction?
    ... Credit also due to Stephan Esser. ... Generates a simple exception, ... // Create a list of all of the keys from the super-global values. ... : array() ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: unboundlocalerror with cgi module
    ... # form field names are in the form if 'name:part' ... for i in keys: ... except NameError, UnboundLocalError: ... the except block does not seem to catch the exception ...
    (comp.lang.python)