BouncyCastle Provider

From: Ray Kane (raysnews_at_web.de)
Date: 01/10/05

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:10:35 +0100

Hello

I try to understand the BouncyCastle-Provider (1.25) to use
PGP-Encryption. The provided example "SignedFileProcessor" makes
trouble. if I try to sign a file I get an Exception every time:
"org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: Exception constructing key". The
provided password is correct, i checked that. Can it be, that BC cannot
read my Secret-Keyring ? I use PGP 6.5.8 and I also created the keys
with it. But the Keyring does contain several private keys (RSA & DSS).

So there comes an additional question into play: The examples uses only
the BC-classes, but shouldn't it lso be possible to use
encrption/signing etc. via the JCE-API ? But how do I tell JCE to use
PGP-Encryption ? I suggest, that I have to provide the right algorithm
parameter on creating an, for example, KePairGenerator, But which one do
I have to use for PGP (especially for all these different verions of it) ?

Thank you for every hint.

Ray