Displaying JPGs from a web site with dynamicly assigned filenames

From: TimD (timwap_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 01/25/05

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:17:12 GMT

I'm using a PC based CCTV prog that uploads images to an FTP site. The
filename for each image consists of the date and time. So an image
taken on the 25 Jan 05 @ 22:30:15 appears as 050125223015.jpg

I need to create two web pages, one that can display the last 9 most
recent images and another to display all of them.

If the filenames were a known issue 001~100.jpg etc then it's an easy
task, but as the image files being uploaded are dynamic I'm not sure
how to do this. I hope either some Java script or a java app will do
it. Or perhaps PHP is a better option?

I have a little knowledge of Java coding scripts & apps but not
extensive. Could someone please let me know if it's possible and if so
how?

Many thanks for any help.