Displaying JPGs from a web site with dynamicly assigned filenames

From: TimD (timwap_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 01/25/05

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:17:12 GMT

I'm using a PC based CCTV prog that uploads images to an FTP site. The
filename for each image consists of the date and time. So an image
taken on the 25 Jan 05 @ 22:30:15 appears as 050125223015.jpg

I need to create two web pages, one that can display the last 9 most
recent images and another to display all of them.

If the filenames were a known issue 001~100.jpg etc then it's an easy
task, but as the image files being uploaded are dynamic I'm not sure
how to do this. I hope either some Java script or a java app will do
it. Or perhaps PHP is a better option?

I have a little knowledge of Java coding scripts & apps but not
extensive. Could someone please let me know if it's possible and if so
how?

Many thanks for any help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Smart XCopy
    ... >>Paths and relative paths should be easily passed into the system and the ... > directory, filename on source and target, filling in defaults from the ... Will FileTransfer transfer to an FTP server? ... I need to find a way to send from one Java client directly to another Java ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Cocoa-Java: NSArrayController and takeValueForKey
    ... that I can edit the corresponding value. ... but now I want to set it programmatically to the filename returned by ... Here is what I wrote (using Java): ... nor a method of the name setFile, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)
  • Building an Opensource project...newb question.
    ... .classpath (Not a filetype, thats the actual filename) ... There's also sub-directories that contain all the source, .java files. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Convert long filenames between Classic and back?
    ... Mac file path encoded as a URL. ... For short filenames, the filename ... seem to find the right APIs to convert back to the normal filename, ... which my Java applet needs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)
  • Re: FC3: Java refuses to run JAR
    ... > java -jar FILENAME ... Java environment correctly. ... > Error messages when i try to run Multivalent20040415.jar: ... to see if it's in the same jar file: ...
    (linux.redhat.install)