Java version 1.5

yaboaz_at_gmail.com
Date: 02/20/05

Date: 20 Feb 2005 07:38:54 -0800

Are there any special problems in Java 1.5 ?

I'm working for a small startup company and we would like to upgrade
from java 1.4.2 to java 1.5 . However, we are afraid of the
consequences (if there are any).

So,
Are there any problematic bugs?
Is the version stable?
Should there be a problem to migrate to 1.5 ?
Other issues maybe?

Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [bugs] SMP, KDE3 and OpenOffice
    ... installs OK and I've been able to use cvsup to upgrade everything, ... remake the kernel (for SMP), ... this functionality if you don't have or don't want to run Java. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • JAVA deleted without warning by VMS 7.3-2 upgrade
    ... We run Oracle on VMS, and over the weekend upgraded from 7.3-1 to ... Later my Oracle people said they were getting Java errors, ... of some VMS upgrade; now it has disappeared just as quietly :-) ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Undecorated JFrame
    ... If only I could afford to upgrade to RH9. ... But it can't be a simple "upgrade to fix" kind of problem. ... OLDER versions of RH and Java never presented these ... left and right - where as NONE of my Linux boxes have EVER crashed - but the ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Undecorated JFrame
    ... If only I could afford to upgrade to RH9. ... But it can't be a simple "upgrade to fix" kind of problem. ... OLDER versions of RH and Java never presented these ... left and right - where as NONE of my Linux boxes have EVER crashed - but the ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: how to upgrade to Java 5.0
    ... > And when you upgrade java, you want all these things done automatically ... > you have multiple versions of Java and switch among them. ... exclusively since '99 - I'm not a debian user. ... for an update-alternatives solution and I've never used it. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)