Converting Pack/Unpacked EBCDIC file to ASCII

kristenzhang_at_gmail.com
Date: 02/22/05

Date: 22 Feb 2005 07:04:52 -0800

Suppose I have a Pack/Unpacked EBCDIC file (.upd), what's the easist
way to convert it to an ASCII file (.dat)? Do I need a conversion
table and everything, or can I just do it with a simple Reader/Writer
in Java and do it per byte?? Also, I will have a copybook file to help
me convert & unpack. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!
Thanks lots!

Relevant Pages

  • Converting Pack/Unpacked EBCDIC file to ASCII
    ... Suppose I have a Pack/Unpacked EBCDIC file, ... way to convert it to an ASCII file? ... Do I need a conversion ... me convert & unpack. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: dot-quote implementation question
    ... Then you don't need a DOVAR or a DCON ~ because when you define ... it will have a DOCREATE in it. ... Currently, I use decimal in the ASCII file, although I do prefer hex. ... conversion routine replaces the xt of the bootstrap literal ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: cat & ASCII conversion
    ... > I ftp an ASCII file from unix to the AS400 IFS, do a 'cat myfile' and see ... > the contents of the file, translated to EBCDIC, apparently by cat. ... CCSID conversion support embedded in ILE interfaces for reading/writing ... Using stdin redirection MIGHT avoid conversion (and will generally be more ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: convert ASCII to EBCDIC
    ... we use the dd command to convert a ASCII file to EBCDIC. ... conversion we ftp this file to a mainframe for further use of it. ... Why not just let the ftp to the mainframe convert from ascii to ebcdic? ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: Converting Pack/Unpacked EBCDIC file to ASCII
    ... > Suppose I have a Pack/Unpacked EBCDIC file, ... > way to convert it to an ASCII file? ... A Google Newsgroups search ... Rhino ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)