Re: Waiting for user input in a GUI

On 31 Jul 2005 04:24:46 -0700, Michal Brzozowski wrote:

> I have a class that holds some data, and I want
> the constructor to create a window ..
(..and wait)

Is that Window (AWT) or JWindow (Swing)?

Make it a *modal* (J)Dialog or a JOptionPane
and you problems will be solved.

--
Andrew Thompson
Dancing Space Potatoes? You Bet!

  • Re: CSplitterWnd object not valid
    ... >>> splitter window not being fully constructed yet. ... > tree and calls insertwhich is a member function of my frame window ... MainWindow() was null when MainWindow::insertwas called. ... that I was calling CFrameWnd::Createin the constructor of MainWindow. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Programmer knowledge
    ... >> initialisation takes place until you actually 'create' a window. ... >> initialisation in the constructor. ... >There's an obvious case for generic programming general-purpose functions ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Why we have seperate Create(.) in MFC
    ... creation of the C++ object from the creation of the window. ... But saying that the button cannot be constructed when the dialogue is ... dialogue when its constructor was called, and construct all the buttons too. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Form in design or run mode? Old Ambient.UserMode
    ... but it did not work on Window Forms. ... I created a Bsse form and in the constructor NewI added the following code: ... Regards ... > ' execute your runtime code here ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Use of new and delete in C++
    ... the array is not known outside of the constructor. ... > Take the pointer out of the constructor. ... Is there a way to make the destructor aware of the ... >> be overwritten, so that when the window is finished, it can rewrite the ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)