Re: Good books for a complete beginner!

I am aiming to learn a programming language, I don't really care about
Flash. And since you wouldn't really reccommend java as a beginning
language, would BASIC be good?

  • Re: how do I send mail
    ... Which shows you how to take care of the actual sending part, ... some Perl knowledge. ... >> That depends - what programming language are you looking for the scripts ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Aging Sysprogs = Aging Farmers and other mind wanderings....
    ... be the simplest, easy to read, easy to teach programming language ... We don't have to care, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Usage of 8-byte integers (Was Re: Usage of complex numbers?)
    ... >> If X and Y are positive integers then A ultimately diverges no matter ... >> programming language or precision you care to use. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Python Webstart ?
    ... > I really don't care that something is being packaged in a particular ... > way so it can be compatible with the packaging on other machines. ... > In fact as a user, I really don't care what programming language ... Huy ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Rounding issue
    ... Marten Lehmann wrote: ... although I know about the difference between an internal representation ... I don't want to care about that the whole day. ... All I'm expecting is the programming language to remember the precision ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)