Re: IE Crashes

benoit.isaac@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Removing IE is not an option for me; IE is the standard in the company,
> and I don't think asking to change thousands of computers' browser is
> an option to solve my JRE 1.5 problem (since the program is not going
> to run on those thousands of computers)...
>
> Any other idea ? Did somebody get the same behaviour ?

Oh...I didn't realize that you are dealing with this issue at work.
Sorry 'bout that...

Hmmm, I don't remember having any difficulty with Java plug-ins in IE.
But then again, based on what the release notes stated:

"Internet Explorer will hang if an applet displays a UI component in
its stop() or destroy() method and a user triggers stop() or destroy()
by pressing the Back or Refresh button in the brower."

I may have just been lucky in that regard. Just out of curiosity, what
version of IE is your company using? Are the plug-ins that are giving
you difficulty developed in-house?

I, too, have no choice in browser at work. We are "stuck" with IE 6.0,
but I primarily use Mozilla Firefox at home. However, I still need to
use IE at home sometimes since any web sites developed in the .NET
framework may not operate correctly...

Mike.

--- ACGNJ Java Users Group (http://www.javasig.org/)

  • Re: Sun officially deprecates Applets
    ... Complete original question follows: - ... Let me start by stating the basic requirement: - In a browser environment, ... the page) via a TCP/IP socket and exchange messages when and as needs be ... Destroy() method to close the socket. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Best strategy for Applets, Sockets, Frames, Destroy(), isConnected() and more . . .
    ... Let me start by stating the basic requirement: - In a browser environment, ... Java Applet - Initand Destroy ... Use the Initmethod to create the socket and connect to the server and the ... Destroy() method to close the socket. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Begginers Rails Issue - destroy method being called out of the blue
    ... Strange problem, ... if they are post and it is your browser, could be browser bug, please ... if they are get requests, in your destroy action verify request method ... is post in your destroy method. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: explorer 6 browser
    ... Download HiJack This!, Ad-aware, Pest Patrol and Spybot Search and Destroy. ... > Every time I open my browser my home page has changed to ... > nonsense. ...
  • Re: I NEED SOME HELP
    ... Sounds like browser hijacking.. ... I think CWSShredder should do it for you, ... AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)