Beautiful Java Code?

Hi, folks,

Without dipping into the turbulent what-is-beauty debate, does anyone know of any beautiful - purely in your own, subjective opinion - Java code published anywhere? What's the best you've seen?

Crucially, is there an accompanying program description document?

Sourceforge projects tend to lack just such a document, and without it to hold your hand, trying to get an overview of even the most beautiful code becomes difficult.

(Yes, JavaDocs are lovely, and yes, you should be able to see a designer's intent from the code itself, but there's nothing like a document chapter that begins something like, "We will now describe the reasons for our encapsulating the abstractions that we did.")

Thanks.

--

..ed

Download Fractality, free Java code analyzer:
www.EdmundKirwan.com/servlet/fractal/frac-page130.html
.