Re: applet travail

Hi Roedy
I still havent figured it out. However I admire your psychological insight.
Well said.

Roedy Green wrote:
Thanks. However everything is there. I print out the classpath before I
execute a method on the class and and the jar is there. I go into the jar
and the class is there in the full path that is the same that I imported and
still ncdfe. Could it be a slash vs backslash? I doubt it. Why if the jar
that I am compiling against is proveable on the classpath, it still cant find
the class at runtime?

The tiniest thing can throw it off, a single letter miscapitalised or
spelled incorrectly, a single segment of package name missing, a
single missing or extra : or :

You have slipped on one of those many points in the list. Perhaps get
someone else to look it over. You have stared at it too long and you
know too strongly what you intended so you can't see what you actually
wrote.

  • Re: applet travail
    ... execute a method on the class and and the jar is there. ... The tiniest thing can throw it off, ... single missing or extra: or: ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Icon Launcher + .jar file
    ... To the best of my knowledge, you cannot execute a jar the same way that you ... file using the -jar option of the java program. ... > If I use Nautilus to go to the installed directory, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Icon Launcher + .jar file
    ... that you would execute a script or an executable program. ... normally execute a jar file using the -jar option of the java ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: File Association for JARS
    ... but thats how it is. ... Jar is always a ZIP, but not compatible with all compression standards. ... ie one cant pack class files with any zip utility and rename it jar... ... add a command to execute the jar. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken
    ... putting the jar in the ext dir would effectively put the jar on the ... on the command line execute the jar. ... temporary file marking mechanism? ... It could be a reserved lead character ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)