Re: Maximum Java Source Size

I would like to ask you guys a very general question.

Is there a maximum limit on how big a .java file(in
kilobytes) can be, or is there no restriction on this?

Any help is graetly appreciated

I have successful embedded large image into java class (as String[]).
The image itself was 2.35 MB, the source file was 3.2 MB and class file was
3.13 MB.

The static part of class seems to be restricted to 64KB.

Andrey

--
http://uio.imagero.com Unified I/O for Java

  • Re: Calling standard native function
    ... and in a "stock" Java it's native. ... (wanted to download it, but seems that java.net is down for ... This means that Math.pow semantics are required to be what is achieved ... by the implementation in fdlibm's e_pow.c source file. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Maximum Java Source Size
    ... I would like to ask you guys a very general question. ... Is there a maximum limit on how big a .java file(in ... kilobytes) can be, or is there no restriction on this? ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: java 101 question - how to run a java program
    ... Go back and rename the source file from .class to .java, then STRQSH, cd /home/srichter/java, and do "javac java01.java". ... After you've corrected your source error (need to call the class "java01" if it's in file "java01.java"), you will end up with a ..class file in the same directory as the .java file. ... After the compile the /home/srichter/java ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: Larkin, Power BASIC cannot be THAT good:
    ... headers), and no platform-specific macros. ... one source file. ... doesn't have classes, Java doesn't have pointers, or half of C++'s OO ... So the only languages that allow 40-year old programs to be simply ...
    (sci.electronics.design)