Re: Mac driving me crazy

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:55:26 +0100, Redbeard <tom.cowdery@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The method called on line 19 simply places a random number of baskets
at a random place in the JavbotWorld. It clearly works on newer
versions of Java, so the method exists. And the only thing in the
addBaskets() method that involves a JFC is a couple of calls to the
nextInt(int n) method of the Random class. And that doesn't show up in
the stacktrace anyway.

OK, this is where you need to be absolutely certain which Java Runtime you are using. Which browser are you using? Is it Internet Explorer for the Mac? And if so, are you sure it is not using a Microsoft JVM? The Microsoft JVM is roughly compatible with Java 1.1, which means no Random.nextInt(int n), which was introduced in Java 1.2.

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer
http://www.dandyer.co.uk

  • Re: Which String class functions are supported by MS JVM?
    ... I think the Microsoft JVM is at the Java 1.1 level, ... deliberately allowing a public applet to function on 1.1 indicates condonation of running an insecure machine. ... About the only use for 1.1 applet code is to warn the responsible party to upgrade their JVM. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: visual j++ and javax?
    ... It is good to clarify the details so people know what will work. ... environment can work nicely for Java 1.1 if you turn off the ... in a form that will run on all Java 1.1 environments and using only some ... is committed to supporting the Microsoft JVM for the next few years it can ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Which String class functions are supported by MS JVM?
    ... I work on a java applet and I would like it to be compatible with the ... set to compiler compliance level set to 1.3). ... I think the Microsoft JVM is at the Java 1.1 level, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Mac driving me crazy
    ... Daniel Dyer wrote: ... at a random place in the JavbotWorld. ... this is where you need to be absolutely certain which Java Runtime you ... are you sure it is not using a Microsoft JVM? ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Does deleting a certificate cause private key deletion?
    ... Your IE is configured to use Sun's Java Virtual Machine. ... you should already have the Microsoft JVM there. ... > Michel Gallant wrote: ... >> That method uses a scripted method into a signed Java applet, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)