Re: Tree data structure in Java

"No Name" <7abc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1158620713.452916.104890@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Allan M. Bruce wrote:
I am hoping to use a tree data structure in my Java application. I need
be able to create a tree which I can add next nodes to certain paths and
obtain a list of all possible paths in the tree. Is there an
implementation
of this built into Java? For example, I would like to create a structure
similar to this:

A1
/ \
M1 C3
/ | \ / \
D S E R Ts
/\
4 6

Ah, it's homework season. That time of the year where we get insight
into the sad state of programmer education.

Actually it is not! I could quite easily program this myself but thought I
would check before re-inventing the wheel. Looks like I will have to code
it myself from the feedback from some helpful people!
Allan

  • Re: Tree data structure in Java
    ... Allan M. Bruce wrote: ... obtain a list of all possible paths in the tree. ... if you know GoF patterns, ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Tree data structure in Java
    ... Allan M. Bruce wrote: ... obtain a list of all possible paths in the tree. ... into the sad state of programmer education. ... enumerations to traverse the tree as well as some utility method to find ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Tree data structure in Java
    ... Allan M. Bruce wrote: ... obtain a list of all possible paths in the tree. ... into the sad state of programmer education. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Tree data structure in Java
    ... obtain a list of all possible paths in the tree. ... it myself from the feedback from some helpful people! ... Allan ... if you know GoF patterns, ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)