Unfamiliar with initializer

One of the Java Puzzles has the following statement which use an elipsis in
a way in which I have not seen before:

private staic Class engineClass = ...;

I have googled on various combinations of : Class, initializer, ellipsis
without finding what I need. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me
what to search for or where to look to find an explanation of this syntax.
Thanks.

  • Re: Unfamiliar with initializer
    ... private staic Class engineClass = ...; ... That's not Java syntax. ... It appears to be indicating that some code ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Unfamiliar with initializer
    ... private staic Class engineClass = ...; ... That's not Java syntax. ... It appears to be indicating that some code unimportant to the example has been elided. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)