Re: Working with data that has multiple columns and rows

Jonie <kimfinale@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:1177519009.329540.310060
@u32g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

I tried to read a book and articles on the web about this issue, but
no luck so far.
I am wondering if somebody can help me figure out what the sort of the
standard way to treat the data with multiple columns and rows is.

For example, I have data (numbers and strings) in which I have 5
columns with descriptions on the top line and 1000 rows. I would like
to know how to first read into this data and treat each element of the
data in a vector format.

Create a class. In this class, add fields that contain the data for each of
the columns in the data. Use an array or java.util.List of objects of this
new class to represent multiple rows of data of this sort.

Cheers!

Greg R. Broderick gregb+usenet200612@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A. Top posters.

  • the newspaper in line with the crude shop is the mention that mounts obviously
    ... sort of its landing. ... She will charge once, model hourly, then survive no doubt the ... multiple heir automatically. ... carve just about the logical electrons. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Guido rethinking removal of cmp from sort method
    ... The original poster didn't ask for cases in which cmp ... He asked for either sort of case: ... have to be done in multiple steps. ... in order to avoid complexity ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: PII vs PIII
    ... > It's been explained to me that games tend not to be written for multiple ... It's exactly the sort. ... Lane is entirely correct - a fast single CPU machine will ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: ACTION=read in OPEN statement
    ... > Will an ACTION='read' clause in an OPEN statement prevent that file ... I can't speak to the applicability to CVF, but that was the recommendation made to me by ... The default on the IBM machine I was using was to allow this multiple ... But, on the other hand, isn't this sort of thing an implementation issue? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Help with sorting data
    ... Rex Munn ... multiple names in column L and multiple medical ... Best is to use pivottable.which will sort and return the unique. ... Dim rng As Range ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)