Re: SOS PLEASE FRIENDS OF JAVA

...::WojT::.. <w.jancz@\/\/asko.pl (change \/\/ with w)> wrote:
I don't agree ...
What about the Sun Conventions ?
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc6.html#449

The Sun naming conventions are widely accepted. The other conventions
are much less so. There is nowhere near as significant an advantage in
following the formatting conventions from a language-wide standard as
the naming conventions, because you typically only deal with code
written within an organization. Various organizations do things in
their own ways, and that works fine.

I tend to agree with Lew; it's far more obvious where the braces are and
how they line up if they are aligned on a line by themselves. Dale used
to call Sun's convention here the "hidden brace" convention, which I
always found amusing but true.

--
Chris Smith

  • Re: Open source C# namespace to convert many audio formats
    ... the maintainer suggesting he learns proper naming conventions. ... int count;. ... So using abbreviations for uncommon terms is a bad ...
  • Re: Free to do what I like, but is it right?
    ... prefixed every integer with an i, every string with an s. ... prefixing everything. ... periodically becomes popular to deride naming conventions. ...
  • Re: SOS PLEASE FRIENDS OF JAVA
    ... |> The Sun naming conventions are widely accepted. ... |> to call Sun's convention here the "hidden brace" convention, ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Let Over Lambda chapter 4
    ... *earmuff* convention for special variables, ... the are lots of naming conventions you find in Lisp ... distinguishing between macros and functions? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Database naming conventions?
    ... Just do a search for "naming conventions" ... I choose "ProductName" not because the table is named ... such as "ContainerNumber" to identify shipping containers, ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)