Re: logging, Jakarta Commons Logging library and SLF4J
- From: Lew <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:19:26 -0500
What do people use to do their logging? I am currently using the
Jakarta Commons Logging library (JCL).
AIUI, the commons logging lib is a glue that lets log4j and java.util.logging live comfortably side by side.
java.util.logging, as you can see by the package name, is part of the standard API.
log4j I'm more familiar with, and I like it a lot. However, I'm only a programmer. The strength of logging packages is known only in operations.
I've reviewed the commons logging docs before, but I'm no expert. OTOH, the docs seemed pretty complete to me.
In a given project I usually pick one or the other, log4j or java.util.logging, and don't use commons logging unless, as your source on blogspam.com noted, I predict that both packages will be forced to coexist in the field.
- Prev by Date: Re: Wake on Lan with Java
- Next by Date: Re: Wake on Lan with Java
- Previous by thread: logging, Jakarta Commons Logging library and SLF4J
- Next by thread: Re: logging, Jakarta Commons Logging library and SLF4J