getting a row of data from a db table

Looking at:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/ResultSet.html#getArray
(int)

would it make sense to apply that to the init() method with an Array of
Array, Object[][] or similar, representing the data?

There's a small tweaking with indexes, but that seems best. What's the
"standard" way of grabbing that data? Or, is it that for my purposes a
kludge would be sufficient, then as I learn more I'd do it totally
differently?

thufir@arrakis:~$
thufir@arrakis:~$ cat NetBeansProjects/mysql/src/a00720398/model/
Model.java
package a00720398.model;

import a00720398.model.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.util.logging.Level;
import java.util.logging.Logger;
import javax.swing.table.*;

@SuppressWarnings({"unchecked"})
public class Model extends Observable {

private static final Model INSTANCE = new Model();
private Connection connection = DBConnection.getInstance
().getConnection();
private Vector cars = new Vector();

private Model() {
try {
init();
} catch (SQLException ex) {
Logger.getLogger(Model.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
null, ex);
}
}

public static Model getInstance() {
return INSTANCE;
}

private void init() throws SQLException {
ResultSet resultSet = getResultSet();

int columnCount = resultSet.getMetaData().getColumnCount();
Object[] data = new Object[columnCount];

while (resultSet.next()) {
for (int i = 1; i < columnCount; i++) {
//data[i] = resultSet.getString(i+1);
data[i] = resultSet.getObject(+1);
}
}
System.out.println(Arrays.deepToString(data));
}

ResultSet getResultSet() throws SQLException {
Statement statement = connection.createStatement();
ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM
cars");
return resultSet;
}
}