Re: Another regex question

On Jul 15, 7:04 am, Knute Johnson <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Is there a way to get multiple capturing groups without having multiple
sets of parenthesis?

"ABCDEFGHIJKL"

Regex "(\\w{3})" will match 3 letters

"(\\w{3}){4}" will match all four sets of three letters but there will
be only one capturing group.

Is there a way to get multiple capturing groups without doing
"(\\w{3})(\\w{3})(\\w{3})(\\w{3})"?
Not AFAIK.

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2008/

  • Re: Document Filtering Question
    ... Knute Johnson ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ... how long have you been writing Java to ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Coordinating multiple JTextField updates across panels
    ... Knute Johnson wrote: ... I don't really know how the drawing coalesces in a situation like this but I would imagine if the setTextcalls took long enough, it wouldn't coalesce all of the drawing into one call. ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: How to persist print dialog settings?
    ... Knute Johnson wrote: ... and am having trouble getting the application to retain the settings ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: thread-safe graphics access
    ... Knute Johnson wrote: ... The other thing I meant to say and pressed the button too fast on was that in recent history I've been working on trying to get the smoothest animation possible. ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Main letter in local rag.
    ... it *was* supposed to be an antidote to the dozens of "get off the pavements onto the road" letters. ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)