Re: Java Sound mp3 support?

Keith Thurman wrote:
Knute Johnson wrote:
Keith Thurman wrote:
Knute Johnson wrote:
1) On Windows, go download the javamp3-1_0.exe file and install it.

it won't play every MP3 formatted file.

What will?

I don't know. I'm pretty sure Windows Media Player will play most files

OK. Can we hear from someone who actually knows more about Java Sound, please? If I wanted to play the darn things in Windows Media Player, I'd play them in Windows Media Player, not show up here asking how to play them from Java code. :P

I know enough about JavaSound, probably as much as anybody here. If you want more knowledgeable folks, go to the JavaSound email list. Or just install the software, try it and tell us if it works.

Oh and before I forget, AudioSystem.getFileTypes() never reports MP3 even with the plugin installed. You could file a bug report but I doubt they would fix it.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2009/

  • Re: Vista, URGE, WMP 11, and C00D11B1 error
    ... worked for me was someone's suggestion to uncheck a box! ... UNCHECK the box "Allow applications to ... had legitimate rights to play. ... pre-installed Vista Home Premium and Windows Media Player 11. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media Player 9 wont Play AVI files
    ... Windows Media Player cannot play the file. ... The file type is not supported by the Player. ... drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: Media Player 9 wont Play AVI files
    ... Can mplay32.exe still play AVIs on your system... ... What exact version of Windows Media Player are you using? ... to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • Re: error C00D1199 cant listen to radio
    ... DivX 3/4/5, 3IVX, and has support for many other codec's. ... If you get this while try to play MPEG-2 video or a DVD then you will want ... message C00D1199 while using Windows Media Player. ... DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • 0xC00D1197: Cannot play the file
    ... When I try to play a audio stream from a website in Windows Media Player ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)