Re: Serializing problems. Help appreciated.

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:52:55 -0000, "AndyW"
<Andrew.whitelaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote, quoted or indirectly
quoted someone who said :

Can anybody tell me where I am going wrong? I have checked and the Universe
object is full of data but it does not serialize to a file.

For background, see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serialization.html

When you serialise an object, the run time also serialises all the
objects it links to, directly or indirectly. All those objects in turn
must be serializable.

To work smoothly, serialisation equires that both ends of the
communication pipe have preloaded the exact same version of the class
code. You will have to strictly enforce this to prevent users coming
in with old code.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com