Re: Top Ten Errors Java Programmers Make

On Dec 8, 9:14 am, Additya <addy....@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello friends , Here is a nice article which I have found while
surfing , it is about the ten common errors which may be made by any
Java Programmer while Programming. The article lists all those
mistakes and their solution.http://www.ezdia.com/Top_Ten_Errors_Java_Programmers_make/Content.do?...

10. Obviously the author is irritated by the keyword 'static'.
7. Obviously the author is irritated by object comparison. Even in C
it's a difference between the comparing two char* by == and strcmp.
6.
5. The first problem some guys in my team have, too. I hate whenever I
have to check a log and see something like:
"Could not do xyz: null" and when I see the code it's just a bunch of
shit like this:
---- snip ----
try {
// lots of code...
} catch (Throwable t) {
LOGGER.error("Could not do xyz: " + t.getMessage());
}
---- /snip ----
I even found something like this once:
---- snip ----
try {
// lots of code...
} catch (Exception e) {}
---- /snip ----

Well, this happens when your boss invites programmers who barely
handle to implement whatever they had to and leave the project/company
afterwards. I guess it's time to search for such blocks again. Even
after doing this a couple of times I'm sure to find them again...

4. Wow...
2. First language, hu?

The author actually writes like java is really his first programming
language and/or he's quite a beginner. Sure we all do mistakes, but
more likely (experienced) programmers do design/architectural mistakes
and have to refactor often when it's time to implement new features.
.