Re: Top Ten Errors Java Programmers Make

On Dec 8, 9:14 am, Additya <addy....@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello friends , Here is a nice article which I have found while
surfing , it is about the ten common errors which may be made by any
Java Programmer while Programming. The article lists all those
mistakes and their solution.http://www.ezdia.com/Top_Ten_Errors_Java_Programmers_make/Content.do?...

10. Obviously the author is irritated by the keyword 'static'.
7. Obviously the author is irritated by object comparison. Even in C
it's a difference between the comparing two char* by == and strcmp.
6.
5. The first problem some guys in my team have, too. I hate whenever I
have to check a log and see something like:
"Could not do xyz: null" and when I see the code it's just a bunch of
shit like this:
---- snip ----
try {
// lots of code...
} catch (Throwable t) {
LOGGER.error("Could not do xyz: " + t.getMessage());
}
---- /snip ----
I even found something like this once:
---- snip ----
try {
// lots of code...
} catch (Exception e) {}
---- /snip ----

Well, this happens when your boss invites programmers who barely
handle to implement whatever they had to and leave the project/company
afterwards. I guess it's time to search for such blocks again. Even
after doing this a couple of times I'm sure to find them again...

4. Wow...
2. First language, hu?

The author actually writes like java is really his first programming
language and/or he's quite a beginner. Sure we all do mistakes, but
more likely (experienced) programmers do design/architectural mistakes
and have to refactor often when it's time to implement new features.

  • Re: The Borland Vision: Wrong?
    ... Why would the VM make less mistakes than a boundschecker? ... I couldn't care less what a car whore has to say about pointers. ... A colleague needed to encode a lot of information into a licence key ... don't learn that in programming school? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Idiotic question of an Idiot - dint like dont reply.
    ... Start by programming something related what you need, want, or enjoy: ... taking standardized tests ... correcting teachers when they made mistakes or when they asked where they ... to find said manager asking for it after two days, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Mori Seki SL1 NC lathe programming
    ... example that you were changing the parameters and choosing to radius ... then how many mistakes did you make Cliff? ... proves that centerline programming on a lathe isn't intuitive or useful. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: LAMP vs Microsoft
    ... see the same mistakes being made over and over and over and over. ... Programming courses teach grammar and syntax. ... Review of that code is ... review process - and possibly only one person to decide yes/no. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Centerline or Work Surface Programming?
    ... I did just post something pointing out Cliffs mistakes in the two lines ... Cliff said I was wrong and didn't read it correctly. ... Mori Seki SL1 NC lathe programming ... Example was to place a .01" Radius at Z.0 X1.0 with a tool nose radius ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)