Re: Murphy's law

And remember, Murphy was an optimist.

Roedy Green wrote:

I have just written an entry for "Murphy's Law" in the Java glossary.
Included is a mildly amusing anecdote that happened to me yesterday
that illustrates the principle.

This is a light hearted entry. If you have ideas please email me via
the feedback at the bottom of the page.

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/murphy.html

--
Al Dunstan, Software Engineer
OptiMetrics, Inc.

make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the
deficiencies."
- C. A. R. Hoare

  • Re: Layers, Levels, and DIP
    ... Yet the layering principle says that high level layers should ... In fact all known layered system theory including my own in "OO Layered ... This absolutely is a GO / NOGO issue on becoming a good software engineer, ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: OT: Funny warning sign
    ... Dang! ... Laser radiation - do not look directly into beam with remaining eye. ... Al Dunstan, Software Engineer ... it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Sizing a workshop?
    ... The search for a house/workshop ... Al Dunstan, Software Engineer ... it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. ... R. Hoare ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Chad Hedricks technique deficiencies on ice?
    ... Proposed technique deficiencies are: ... or means of propulsion where the fastest performers show that "deficiency". ... Some may feel that the last principle of "pleasing appearance" evades this ...
    (rec.sport.skating.racing)