O.T. Puzzle about hit distribution
- From: Roedy Green <see_website@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:17:08 -0800
I graphed the hits on my home page and discovered a steady reliable
pattern. The hits come in two big peaks, one a 6 AM and one at 3PM
PST with one smaller one at 11:15 AM. This pattern repeats on
weekdays and weekends.
I expected some sort of bell shaped curve. I have been trying to find
a hypothesis that would explain this. I thought perhaps the 6AM spike
might be people in the eastern time zone coming into work and just
checking out the site. But if that were true, you would see a similar
spike for the other time zones.
If it is some sort of DOS attack, it seems pretty half-hearted.
I don't really need to know this. It just puzzles me. If it bugs me
enough perhaps analysing the IPs of individual hits might explain what
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
One of the most useful comments you can put in a program is
"If you change this, remember to change ?XXX? too".
- Prev by Date: Re: Sun Developer Network login problem?
- Next by Date: Re: O.T. Puzzle about hit distribution
- Previous by thread: getting sound on side of the preferred size
- Next by thread: Re: O.T. Puzzle about hit distribution