Re: session variables from applet

From: Michael Scovetta (nospam_googlegroups_at_scovetta.com)
Date: 11/06/03

Date: 5 Nov 2003 19:54:41 -0800

Ike,
Yes, you have to pass it as a <param> within the <applet> tag. Applets
run on the client and don't have access to any runtime session
information from the application server directly.

"Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<4dfqb.11588$Oo4.8703@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> How can I get/set a session variable from an applet? Must I pass it as a
> parameter to my applet via jsp or php? Can I just obtain it from within the
> running applet somehow?
>
> Thanks, Ike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How hard is socket programming?
    ... This applet browses for only PNG files, ... of this validation has passed on the client side. ... All lthe client-side applets you might ever invent will not limit access to a public <IP, ... guessing that I can derive a simpler protocol than HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • JMF and client side Applet problem
    ... having to worry about client side JMF installation.Will it be possible ... My Applet will run on client machine and need to capture and play ... audio and video using JMF. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: how to connect a chat applet to the server
    ... I have just started dabbling in applets and as a practise am trying to develop a chat server and client. ... RMI by itself does not necessarily eliminate polling. ... Do note, however, that if the client is implemented as an applet, then either the applet must be digitally signed, or the chat server must be the same machine as the one the serves up the applet. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: SSL Authentication using Java or JSP
    ... letting the browser get involved. ... where the Applet can be loaded. ... The app at that URL gets the information from the client cert, and writes it into the user's session, i.e. authenticates the session. ... In this way, all the sensitive data is conveyed over client-cert authenticated connections, and you have the guarantee that there is no access to sensitive info without the client cert. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Applets: what browsers to support?
    ... can't use the applet tag. ... I have done this with the Java ... and run on as many browsers as possible? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)