Sun SDK v1.3.1_09 '..javaw.exe ' command hangs on Win2000 MSSQL/SAP Install

From: SAP BASIS Consultant (basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: 13 Nov 2003 13:05:03 -0800

Hello,

As somebody much more knowledgeable about SAP than Java,
I have the following question..

In order to Install SQL Server 2000 SP#3 on Win2000 SP#4 with
the latest version of SAP R/3, I had (to As per SAP's instuctions)
downloand Sun's J2SE (SDK) for Windows v1.3.1_09. (Or the
latest v1.3.1). I got it from
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download-windows.html as SAP's
documentation indicated.

I run the executable and went with the default directory
path (C:\JDK1.3.1_09*).

I executed SAP's script to start its installation utility.
The script verified that the ports, userids, etc.. were fine.

However, the script hangs in the following command: "C:\jdk1.3.1_09\
bin\javaw.exe" -cp jar\instgui.jar;jar\inqmyxml.jar
-Dsun.java2d.nodraw
=true com.sap.ins.gun.Main -port 21212". (The *.jar files do exist
and should be found). JAVA_HOME is set properly and JAVA_HOME/bin
is in the path.

How would I find more detailed info. as to why this command
hangs. (It doesn't do much but doesn't fail). I did not find
any traces.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SAP BASIS Consultant

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thanks Bill, Re: AIX 5.2, Java131 and old Java 1.1.8
    ... SAP admin has them in Richmond VA, and I am here in Maine. ... I had mentioned using "java" instead of "jre" ... bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Selecting Technology for a Data Filtering and Manipulation Project
    ... Java forum). ... to SAP Product Planning. ... be periodic batch jobs that involve large amounts of data which needs ... persistence (Oracle will be used), and will need many batch jobs to ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: AIX 5.2, Java131 and old Java 1.1.8
    ... I have an application "SAP" that requires Java ... I have searched all filesystems for a "jre" executable. ... bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written ...
    (AIX-L)
  • Thanks Bill, Re: AIX 5.2, Java131 and old Java 1.1.8
    ... SAP admin has them in Richmond VA, and I am here in Maine. ... I had mentioned using "java" instead of "jre" ... but he was not going to deviate from the instructions. ...
    (AIX-L)