ResultSet on RMI

From: Frogman (rf3_at_rocketmail.com)
Date: 12/07/03

Date: 7 Dec 2003 12:05:20 -0800

I'm trying to pass the ResultSet object to an RMI client and I
realized that this will not work since ResultSet is not serializable.

I want to be able to take advantage of ResultSet capabilities using
RMI calls. What alternatives can I use? I can pass a 2 dimensional
string object representing columns and rows but this will be
complicated for developers to use.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Prepared Statement
    ... memory space .. ... the ResultSet interface states in the API: ... "A ResultSet object is automatically closed when the Statement object that ... into any implementations of RowSet, ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: ResultSet on RMI
    ... Frogman wrote: ... > I'm trying to pass the ResultSet object to an RMI client and I ... > realized that this will not work since ResultSet is not serializable. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Count the nuimber of results in a Result Set
    ... >> use that line rs.firstin order to continue on after counting the ... >> can't go to the first row in the ResultSet. ... > I had to make my own resultset object from the orginal resultset that ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: Count the nuimber of results in a Result Set
    ... > that line rs.firstin order to continue on after counting the number ... > the first row in the ResultSet. ... I had to make my own resultset object from the orginal resultset that ... application then used my custom rs object instead of a real ResultSet. ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)