JNI with Cygwin...library locations

From: Matthew Zimmer (mzimmer74_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:15:10 -0600

Hey all,
I've been forced to dip my hand into writing some JNI code (*sigh*) and
downloaded cygwin so I'd have a c++ compiler to use to write the dll
files. However, I don't know where the appropriate libraries to add in
my cc statement. According to the tutorial on java.sun, if I had
visualC++ I'd use the following for a HelloWorld example:
    cl -Ic:\java\include -Ic:\java\include\win32
       -LD HelloWorldImp.c -Fehello.dll

Could somebody please interpret this line for me as to what I need using
cygwin's c++ compiler. I have cygwin installed at c:\cygwin. Thanks
for any help.

Matthew

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best tools for writing an assembler?
    ... writing directly its C++ code. ... But this is the OP's first attempt at a relatively robust assembler. ... for hand written parser. ... Yes, but the result is less readable, the compiler does ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • Re: Extended Hamming encode/decode
    ... I also use LET when writing BASIC code. ... yourself - thus you have to balance your idiosyncrasies with standard ... can use "auto" as the a type in a variable declaration when the compiler ... write code that requires C99 compliance even when writing c. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Java or C++?
    ... > FEM packages, ATC, SABRE - but I suspect several of those are done in C ... compiler writing, theorem proving, CAS, scientific computing, ... >> Have a play with some more modern languages like OCaml and Haskell. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Not consistent unformatted write
    ... unformatted binary file. ... On your third question, YES, memory faults can cause problems like ... always) NOT in the compiler or runtime, ... Reading the file back before closing it after writing, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Buddy System Memory Allocator
    ... existing compiler. ... I don't see why someone writing an OS would ... so it's better than printf in the sense that you can extend it easily. ... programmer recognizes that without being provided an explanation. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)