JSP: Beans from factories?

From: Kai Grossjohann (kai_at_emptydomain.de)
Date: 12/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:31:50 +0000

    I have an object which has a factory method which returns objects that
    I would like to use as beans in JSPs.

    <jsp:useBean id="foo" class="blarfl"/> will call the constructor of
    the blarfl class, though, so that's not what I want.

    I can use a scriptlet along the lines of

        <% Factory fact = new Factory();
           Blarfl b = fact.findBlarfl(); %>

    But then I don't know how to make b into a bean such that I can use
    <jsp:setProperty/> and friends on it.

    Maybe it works to use <c:set/>? How to do that?

    Kai