repainting panels

From: Chris Lawson (someone_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 02/09/04

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:39:57 GMT

Hi,

I am writing a java program using a combinatin of panels ... when the
content of a panel is updated, by calling the repaint() method, the
panel that is repainted gets junk in the background which is an image
of the whole window.

This disappers if there is another repaint (i.e. call the repaint()
manually or the window is resized).

Does anybody know why this occurs and possibly how to fix it?

Thanks
Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: doublebuffered
    ... If i have a panel that is placed on a panel that is placed on the form i will have the same problem, just this time the parent-panel is painted first and then the child-panel is painted. ... of its child controlls, are drawn into an internal buffer, and then ... I allways use doublebuffering if i notice flickering. ... I never noticed any slowdown from this, and as it should only cause one additional bitblit, it should only be noticable if you want to repaint the form multiple times per second... ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: repainting Panels
    ... >:content of a panel is updated, by calling the repaint() method, the ... >:panel that is repainted gets junk in the background which is an image ... >:manually or the window is resized). ... Steve W. Jackson ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: how to combine paintComponent with add(component)?
    ... > that, till now, didn't have any internal Swing components. ... > paintComponent in each of these custom classes. ... > but then dissapear the next time repaint() is called on the basePanel. ... > method to make sure the new panel is repainted every time. ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Repaint panel/form after menu popup dismiss
    ... Place a control which is a first class control - not a panel, ... on your form Z-Index above the panel on which you are ... For some reason a panel is not a first class citizen when it comes to ... it needs to repaint - and a grid view (or other less burdensome ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • repainting Panels
    ... content of a panel is updated, by calling the repaintmethod, the ... panel that is repainted gets junk in the background which is an image ... This disappers if there is another repaint ... manually or the window is resized). ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)