Re: Overriding Static Methods

From: Chris Smith (cdsmith_at_twu.net)
Date: 05/24/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:57:47 -0600

Ken Kafieh wrote:
> no matter what I do I cant seem to get to paste the code into a message.
>
> I placed the code on a URL. here it is...
>
> http://24.156.35.62/code.htm

Okay,

It's hard to get a clear picture of what is or is not an acceptable
solution to you. You aren't going to get polymorphism from a static
method, since they can't be overridden and there's no object to use as
the basis for dispatch anyway. So while it would work if you called the
method unambiguously as "ClassB.method1()" instead of just "method1()",
that's probably not what you have in mind.

Your best bet is to use instance methods as you did in the second
example.

--
www.designacourse.com
MindIQ Corporation

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cindy Sheehan is delusional
    ... What is the hell is the matter with freaks who cant ... You idiots are incapable of feeling human emotion? ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: The FOURTH Plinth!
    ... lived and a permanent reminder to our politicians that not all of us believe in their cant and hypocrisy, no matter what their spin doctors say. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: GPO Package Permissions via script?
    ... I still have the problem and no matter what I ... do I cant seem to work out how to get to the underlying packages within the ... > newace. ... I must be missing the ADsSecurity.dll or something... ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: GPO Package Permissions via script?
    ... I still have the problem and no matter what I ... do I cant seem to work out how to get to the underlying packages within the ... > newace. ... I must be missing the ADsSecurity.dll or something... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)