Re: Overriding Static Methods

From: Chris Smith (cdsmith_at_twu.net)
Date: 05/24/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:57:47 -0600

Ken Kafieh wrote:
> no matter what I do I cant seem to get to paste the code into a message.
>
> I placed the code on a URL. here it is...
>
> http://24.156.35.62/code.htm

Okay,

It's hard to get a clear picture of what is or is not an acceptable
solution to you. You aren't going to get polymorphism from a static
method, since they can't be overridden and there's no object to use as
the basis for dispatch anyway. So while it would work if you called the
method unambiguously as "ClassB.method1()" instead of just "method1()",
that's probably not what you have in mind.

Your best bet is to use instance methods as you did in the second
example.

--
www.designacourse.com
MindIQ Corporation