Re: How to tell the user to install java plug-in?

From: Ike (rxv_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:03:59 GMT

Best I've seen is JavaVersionApplet - Andrew Thompson here has it. BUT...you
MUST compile it under jdk 1.1.8 or less for it to work correctly in msie.
Then, as the "redirect," parameter, have it point to the autoinstall page at
SUN, i.e:

<param NAME="redirect" VALUE="http://www.java.com/en/download/">This all
works like a charm. Hth, Ike"circuit_breaker" <circuit_breaker@canada.com>
wrote in message news:2863e14b.0406090230.4d583c3f@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> When my applet is lauched from a non-java-enabled browser, nothing
> happends, just an empty gray square. I'd like to ouput a message
> telling the user he must install/enable the JVM. How?
>
> Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Factory design pattern question
    ... So you need to compile it for 1.4. ... The class I need does *not* implement an interface that exists in 1.4. ... Write a factory for whatever 1.4-extant interface you want to expose. ... could be built in to the JDK, or one you define in your code. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: how do I get rt.jar for java 1.1?
    ... On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:10:42 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote: ... ("I need to compile an applet for version java 1.1 ") ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: classFormatException error in hello world example?
    ... It's basically saying that the java interpreter is unable to read the ... compiled program. ... How did you compile the Java program? ... JDK - or the other way round? ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: JavaC compilation error: . expected
    ... and this used to compile before. ... the class is a pre-compiled class crSampleClass. ... Are you sure you're using JDK 1.3? ... be from named packages (i.e. you can no longer import from the 'default' ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Help with converting IDS from JDK 1.1 to JDK 1.4
    ... Babar wrote: ... > to JDK 1.4. ... be able to simply compile your code base with the 1.4 compiler and get ... know Java at all, ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)