Manifest file necessary when packing an EJB jar resp. WAR ?

From: Tobias Merler (merlin_at_gmx.net)
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:49:04 +0200

If I jar a couple of EJB classes together with the META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
automatically a manifest file is created and added.

Is this file necessary to be able to run the EJBs after deployment or can
I suppress the manifest generation?

Same question for Web Archives with target *.war

Tobias

Relevant Pages

  • Manifest file necessary when packing an EJB jar resp. WAR ?
    ... If I jar a couple of EJB classes together with the META-INF/ejb-jar.xml ... automatically a manifest file is created and added. ... Tobias ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Eclipse and creating JAR general guidance.
    ... > I have just started using Eclipse and I am working through the O'Reily ... > files required and a Manifest file which would define the main class. ... > windows to run the program we would double click the JAR. ... > A chapter in the book describes the basic use of ANT which using an XML ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: class not found problem
    ... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ... So tried suggested article by adjusting the Manifest text before recreating ... the custom jar. ... Your JAR has to have a Class-Path entry in its manifest file. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: how do i open a zip file on the C drive using jar
    ... jar command but it gave me an error which I have pasted below. ... -f specify archive file name ... -m include manifest information from specified manifest file ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Cannot find main class
    ... javaw -cp Hydroline.jar;LiquidLnF.jar HydroLine.HydroLine ... I think the recommended way of running an application in a jar is to use ... manifest file would specify the main class, and any other jar it depends on ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)