Classes.zip and javah

greyham433_at_hotmail.com
Date: 01/26/05

Date: 26 Jan 2005 13:29:19 -0800

I'm having a problem with using javah for the simple hello world
program as given on the Sun tutorial site. I can compile my .java file
but then I enter at the prompt:

>javah -jni HelloWorld

and it gives the error:

java.lang.Object not found: aborting

I've looked at other posts about this issue and a file classes.zip has
come up where they say to add the path to the file to the CLASSPATH but
it doesn't make any difference. Currently my CLASSPATH is:

.;C:\Documents and Settings\greyham\My Documents\

I have also tried the command:

>clspack -auto

but I get the error message:

Cannot open C:\WINNT\java\classes\Classes.zip for output
Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Classes.zip and javah
    ... I can compile my .java ... come up where they say to add the path to the file to the CLASSPATH ... but I get the error message: ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: JSP silently fails to compile
    ... > I've got a JSP which does not compile from within tomcat. ... > error message; there is a java file, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [SLE] Please! I could use some help!
    ... I don't know what SuSE distribution you are running -- I came in late on ... "NULL" error message ... to ensure he was getting a working installation. ... and do some simple compile development exercises until you gain the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Error exiting database
    ... without error if you choose 'Compile ' form the Debug ... > The Load Event looks like this but I don't understand why it would fire ... >> The error message, though, indicates that the problem is in the Load ... >> GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: using #ifndef
    ... > gone to the newsgroup as well. ... that was ERT's fault for sending his response both by ... but nothing that anyone else could actually compile. ... cut-and-paste the actual error message. ...
    (comp.lang.c)