JOB: Pick two - You are a: (Boring, Mediocre, Fun, Amazing) Java Leader?
Are you a pro Java developer that's tired of the never-started-up
start-up? Bored of working at Super-Large-Slow Corp? Wondering if there
are any small, flexible, crazy, growing, profitable and fun places to
work? Looking for a place where getting things done matter more than
playing politics? Think MTGI!
MTGI is a rapidly growing flexible-resource consulting firm located
East of Seattle. We work closely with our clients to understand their
business processes and design solutions that simply work! Our approach
is designed so our clients can focus on their business and service
We are creating a new Java development team, and we need a lead and two
developers. Their initial project is to re-platform an existing custom
Project Scheduling Tool (Think MSFT Project to handle 50,000 projects,
multi-user support, real-time updates and real-time reporting) that was
created with PowerBuilder. It's a big challenge!
· Utilize known and successful software development processes to
implement projects on time and under budget.
· Team-up w/QA to create a product that meets or exceeds product
· Identify opportunities for projects at our clients that are helpful
for all sides.
· Work as both an individual contributor and a team leader, depending
on then-current business requirements.
· Build long-term relationships w/clients.
· Ensure that every project meets or exceeds client expectations.
· Very experienced with JSP, Java, & J2EE, including multiple
projects that utilized Apache Struts. Projects should have utilized
Oracle for the backend, including Hibernate and (of course!) relational
· Strong team skills, including being both an individual contributor
and leader at the right times
· Thrive in an environment of juggling multiple concurrent activities
and/or projects all the time.
· Crank out the code - strong action-orientation.
· Flexible, positive, can-do perspective on doing business.
· Deployed several commercial J2EE-based projects, some as individual
contributor, and some as the leader.
· Hands-on Java programming.
· Hands-on Oracle database development.
· Experience leading a successful development team.
· Know SDLC backwards and forwards.
· Other development experience indicating seasoning (SQL Server,
C/C++, .NET, Project Management)
· B.S. in CS, IT or related field; relevant experience may substitute
· Able to work in an office, and complete standard office tasks &
· Travel to clients (currently this is all within the greater Seattle
· Valid driver's license
· Ability to work in the U.S.A.
· Can you play foosball?
Job location: Eastside of Seattle WA, USA
Compensation: $85K+ (DOE), Benefits
- Prev by Date: Re: method calls faster than a loop?
- Next by Date: Java Decompiler Recommendation - Not JAD or Mocha
- Previous by thread: Simple Question - Sizing panelGrid (pek:Beginner)
- Next by thread: Java Decompiler Recommendation - Not JAD or Mocha