Re: Why are some people working so hard to answer others' questions?

"Daniel Pitts" <googlegroupie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I get as much help from this newsgroup as I put into it.
My questions tend to be more advanced, but discussion almost always
leads to new insight. Also, helping people solve their seemingly
trivial problems gives me opportunity to consider better solutions than
I had previously used.

In other words, it helps keep my skills sharp, not only as a
programmer, but as someone who has to help other people understand
things.

That sums it up nicely. People read newsgroups for their own information
needs, but once you've read someone else's problem it is often very quick to
pass along useful information. Also, helping people solve problems getting
Java working often makes us experts when our customers have a problem.

.